Donald R. Kinsley
Don Kinsley concentrates his practice on representing major corporations and individuals in state and federal court, in complex cases involving product liability, toxic tort, construction, commercial, personal injury and employment cases, among others.
In working to achieve his clients' goals, Don has tried cases in Delaware and Maryland, including asbestos, environmental tort, property damage, and negligence cases. He has served as local counsel for multiple asbestos clients in Delaware and Maryland for more than a decade and has significant litigation experience in state and federal courts. Don has more than 25 years of experience in product liability, environmental tort, personal injury, and business litigation, having represented various businesses, manufacturers, professionals and individuals throughout his career, and has spoken at numerous seminars on a variety of product liability issues. Don is a licensed patent attorney, a certified mediator in the Delaware Superior Court, has written and edited numerous legal publications, and has served with the Defense Counsel of Delaware as President and Secretary/Treasurer. He has also served DRI as the Delaware State Representative.
- Environmental Claims and Regulatory Issues
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- Intellectual Property
- Defense Counsel of Delaware (President 2016)
- Delaware State Bar Association
- DRI Delaware State Representative (2016-2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Distinguished AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Author, "U.S. Supreme Court Ruling Rolls Back EPA's Power to Regulate," The Environmental and Toxic Tort Advisor, July 06, 2022.
- Author, "Delaware High Court Upholds Burden-Shifting Requirement for Summary Judgment in Asbestos Cases Under Delaware Law," The Environmental and Toxic Tort Advisor, March 31, 2022.
- Author, "Impact of DeVries Decision Regarding Bare Metal Defense in Asbestos Litigation Primarily Limited to Maritime Cases," The Environmental and Toxic Tort Advisor, February 18, 2022.
- Author, "Jurisdictional Analysis Shows Divide on Duty for Take-Home Asbestos Exposure," JD Supra, February 14, 2022.
- Author, "Talc-Asbestos Claims Against Johnson & Johnson May Proceed for Now; Status of J&J Subsidiary Created to Hold Liabilities Being Weighed," Toxic And Hazardous Substances Litigation Committee Newsletter, November 2021.
- Co-author, “Contracts in the Age of COVID 19: Does a Force Majeure Clause Provide Protection?,” In-House Defense Quarterly, Summer 2020.
- Don has spoken regularly at toxic tort and litigation seminars speaking on topics including: personal jurisdiction, talc litigation, causation issues, maritime law/U.S. Navy issues, component part liability and ethics in deposition practice.
University of Baltimore School of Law
(Juris Doctor, 1991)
Michigan State University
(Master of Arts)
(Bachelor of Science)
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court