Environmental, Toxic Tort, Products Liability, and Class Actions
- Represented global environmental cleanup company in a class action involving radiation exposure to New Orleans community.
- Representation of a global pesticide manufacturer in two class action lawsuits involving the alleged contamination of crawfish farming fields.
- Representation of a global pesticide manufacturer and pesticide distributors in a multi-plaintiff lawsuit involving damage to crawfish wholesalers and processors caused by a rice pesticide.
- Tried to verdict the claims of 3 bellwether plaintiffs
- Representation of major petrochemical companies in jury trials and settlements involving wrongful death and survival claims brought by plaintiffs who allegedly developed mesothelioma as a result of exposure to asbestos-containing products at petrochemical and paper mill facilities
- Managed large docket of asbestos cases for multiple clients.
- Developed innovative systems to do so more effectively and efficiently. Worked closely with clients to develop strategies for discovery, trial, and resolution of hundreds of active cases.
- Representation of a rechargeable battery manufacturer for damages allegedly sustained due to a defective battery.
- Selected by 3 clients to participate in a planning initiatives to develop their nationwide strategy for the defense of toxic tort litigation.
Oil Field and Industrial Experience
- Representation of a solids control company in a personal injury action by a subcontractor due to an allegedly defectively designed and installed piece of equipment.
- Representation of a concrete pumping subcontractor in a personal injury case involving injuries to a concrete finisher.
- Representation of an industrial maintenance contractor in a personal injury action where the plaintiff’s foot was crushed by a crane outrigger.
- Representation of air compressor manufacturer in a personal injury action involving issues of improper maintenance and use.
Pipeline, utility, and municipal right of way
- Coordinated acquisition of right-of-way for three large pipeline projects for 2 pipeline companies. Coordinated team to negotiate or expropriate hundreds of pipeline rights-of-way. Created standard trial plan used in all trials and tried multiple cases.
- Representation of a landowner in a trespassing and property damage case against a major utility company
- Representation of major energy companies in all aspects of major pipeline construction, including negotiation of rights of way and acquisition of rights of way via expropriation (eminent domain)
- Representation of national herbicide applicator in claim involving damage to non target plant species.
- Representation of multiple contractors in construction defect and third party damage claims. Representation of a slab leveling company in construction litigation involving allegations of improper workmanship.
- Representation of subcontractor in personal injury lawsuit arising out of unauthorized use of the subcontractor’s equipment.
- Representation of flood remediation contractors in lawsuits involving improper workmanship and allegedly damaged property.
- Representation of a renovation contractor against a homeowner alleging asbestos contamination due to renovation activities.
- Defense of renovation contractor in suit by resident for personal injuries due to allegedly defective condition of the property after completion of the work.
- Representation of commercial plumbing contractor in a suit for personal injury damages by user of premises.
- Representation of general contractor in case involving off-site damages due to piling driving activities.
- Representation of roofing subcontractor in cases involving allegedly defective construction.
Truck and Automobile Liability Litigation
- Representation of a waste disposal company in a fatality case involving a bicyclist where blood alcohol level of the bicyclist was at issue.
- Defense of numerous individuals and corporate clients in automobile related accidents.
Miscellaneous general litigation
- Successful defense of suit for temporary restraining order and injunctive relief filed against chemical manufacturer to stop the burning of Napalm in north Baton Rouge. Extensive media attention was given to the lawsuit.
- Representation of a summer camp operator with regard to a near drowning accident at a swimming pool.
- Representation of personal security company in several lawsuits involving personal injuries due to allegedly excessive force.
- Representation of numerous property owners in personal injury actions alleging defective premises.
- Representation of residential multi-family property family manager for personal injury damages allegedly sustained due to toxic mold exposure.
- Representation of beverage distributor for damage caused by allegedly defective sign causing fire and extensive damage.