Stephanie A. Fox
1201 North Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
P (302) 472-1739 Fax (302) 425-0180
1717 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Stephanie is an experienced litigator concentrating her practice in the areas of asbestos and toxic tort defense, general business and commercial litigation, including Chapter 11 insolvency matters as well as state and federal court appeals. For over 30 years, she has provided focused advice and developed winning strategies for large Fortune 500 companies and small family-owned businesses within both state and federal courts in Delaware and Pennsylvania.
Stephanie works with her clients to reach favorable resolutions, whether through settlement, mediation or arbitration, and if needed, through trial and the appellate process. She has worked with a wide range of industries, notably energy and oil companies, automobile product manufacturers, paper and pulp mills, freight carriers, real estate developers, retailers, financial service industries, investment brokers, and numerous health care enterprises.
Prior to her joining Maron Marvel, Stephanie spent many years as corporate and business counsel for a group of privately held health care entities and for a business unit of a multinational financial services corporation. She serves as the chair of the firm’s Business and Commercial Litigation Practice Group.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Co-Author, “New Jersey Bankruptcy Court Rules that Johnson & Johnson’s Texas Two-Step was not a Bad Faith Filing,” IADC Toxic And Hazardous Substances Litigation Committee Newsletter, April 2022.
- Author, “PFAS: 2022 Trending Towards a Major Turning Point in Regulation and Litigation,” HarrisMartin’s Benzene & Emerging Toxic Torts Litigation Report, January 2022
- Author, “PFAS: 2022 Trending Towards a Major Turning Point in Regulation and Litigation,” IADC Toxic And Hazardous Substances Litigation Committee Newsletter, December 2021.
- Author, “Talc-Asbestos Claims Against Johnson & Johnson May Proceed for Now; Status of J&J Subsidiary Created to Hold Liabilities Being Weighed,” Toxic And Hazardous Substances Litigation Committee Newsletter, November 2021.
- Panelist, Perrin Conferences, Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation, “Personal Jurisdiction Post Daimler,” Wilmington, DE, May 2016.
- Author, Not One, but Two, State Supreme Courts Uphold Strict Application of Daimler, March, 2017.
- Author, High Court Hears Personal Jurisdiction Arguments, April, 2017.
- Author, High Court Strikes Blow to Specific Jurisdiction in Mass Tort Actions, June, 2017.
- Panelist, Perrin Conferences, Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation, “Personal Jurisdiction Post Daimler,” Wilmington, DE, June 2017.
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Defense Counsel of Delaware
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
Business Law & Commercial Litigation
Toxic and Mass Tort Litigation
Bar and Admissions
Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 1991)
University of Delaware (B.A., cum laude, 1988)
New Jersey Bankruptcy Court Rules that Johnson & Johnson’s Texas Two-Step was not a Bad Faith Filing