Before his retirement, Howard E. Jarvis was a director at the firm with extensive experience in toxic tort, environmental, product liability, and insurance defense litigation.
Throughout his forty-plus year legal career, Howard served as lead counsel in toxic tort and environmental litigation in close to twenty jurisdictions, including Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. He argued cases in the Tennessee Supreme Court and Tennessee Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Howard has invaluable experience representing large corporations as trial counsel in a number of very serious toxic tort cases involving both personal injury and property damage claims as a result of alleged chemical exposures.
Howard is also in the forefront of genetic testing for toxic tort litigation.
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named the Best Lawyers® Litigation – Environmental “Lawyer of the Year” in Knoxville for 2015 and 2017 – 2021
- Named the Best Lawyers® Product Liability Litigation – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” in Knoxville for 2016
- Included in the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation – Environmental, Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation
- He was elected to the Mid-South Super Lawyers® list as seen in the Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine (2006-2009, 2011 – 2021).
- Voted Top Knoxville Attorney by peers in Cityview Magazine (since 2009)
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Knoxville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Member
University of Tennessee (J.D., 1979)
University of Tennessee (B.A., 1976)