Stefan G. Bourn
Stefan Bourn is a member of the Product Liability and Mass Tort Litigation Group, with an emphasis on product liability, personal injury, toxic tort, and construction defect claims.
Stefan is a former Research Structural Engineer with the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers where he utilized state-of-the-art techniques for the design and analysis of weapon systems, military facilities, and civil facilities. Stefan is National Coordinating Counsel for a variety of mass tort defendants. He has consistently coordinated asbestos and silica defenses on a national level since 1998. As national coordinating counsel for companies sued in asbestos matters, Stefan has had a principal role in creating trial-ready defenses against claims pending in the most problematic jurisdictions in the nation. He also serves as national coordinating counsel for one of the nation’s largest corporations in the defense of a variety of personal injury claims throughout the United States. Stefan works with local counsel throughout the U.S. on all aspects of the defenses, including discovery, expert witness support, witness preparations, trial planning, and, where needed, settlement negotiations. For many years, he has defended a large national pharmacy chain in pharmacy malpractice and premise liability matters. Stefan draws upon his engineering training and experience in the defense of building professionals in construction defect claims.
- Mississippi Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute (Lawyers' Professionalism and Ethics Committee Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Distinguished AV™ Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Mississippi College School of Law (J.D., with distinction)
- Mississippi State University (M.E. in Structural Engineering)
- Mississippi State University (B.S. in Civil Engineering)
- New York