Sarah Beth Jones
Sarah Beth Jones is a member of the Bankruptcy Trust Transparency and Product Liability and Mass Tort Litigation Groups.
She concentrates on the coordination of asbestos litigation joint defense special projects. Sarah Beth possesses extensive knowledge regarding asbestos bankruptcy trusts and has written multiple articles on the topic of bankruptcy trust transparency. Sarah Beth presently serves as Trust Transparency Strategic Counsel for a number of insurers and defendants and works with clients and their local counsel daily on bankruptcy trust issues, including bankruptcy trust value estimates and efforts to compel compliance with bankruptcy trust legislation and court orders regarding disclosure of bankruptcy trust claims information. Additionally, she oversees the firm’s bankruptcy trust database used to generate bankruptcy trust value reports used by defendants involved in asbestos litigation nationwide. Sarah Beth also represents clients in asbestos litigation defense and other personal injury defense in Mississippi and Alabama.
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute (Product Liability Committee, Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee, and Young Lawyers Committee)
- “Overcoming Generational Differences: A Millenial’s Guide to Succeeding in a Multigenerational Law Practice,” For The Defense, November 2017.
- “2017 Asbestos Update: Deposition Strategies for Developing Alternative Exposures,” For The Defense, June 2017.
- “Trust Transparency Post-Garlock: Discovery and Deposition Strategies for Defense Counsel,” The National Forum for Environmental & Toxic Tort Issues (FETTI) Winter/Spring 2016 Case Law Update Newsletter.
- “Asbestos Litigation and the Bankruptcy Trust System: Mastering a Plaintiff’s Game,” Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Report, Vol. 15 #3, October 2015.
- “The Billion Dollar Difference: The Value of Trust Transparency,” Mealey’s Litigation Report: Asbestos, Vol. 29 #15, September 10, 2014.
- “The Billion Dollar Difference: The Value of Trust Transparency,” Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Report, Vol. 14 #1, August 2014.
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Mississippi State University (B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Southern, and Northern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi