Richard M. Crump
1020 Highland Colony Parkway
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Fax (601) 206-0119
201 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70170
Fax (504) 613-0067
Richard Crump has spent the vast majority of his legal career defending companies in high risk litigation involving asbestos personal injury and wrongful death, product liability, environmental contamination, and construction defect and deficiency.
Over the last three decades, he has represented hundreds of clients in thousands of cases and has extensive experience in all aspects of trial practice. He is well-known as an “expert on the experts” and is one of the nation’s leading attorneys in preparing and deposing corporate witnesses and experts. He has taken hundreds of expert depositions of dozens of plaintiff and defense expert witnesses nationwide. Richard serves as litigation strategist and witness coordinator for multiple high-profile asbestos defendants and has extensive expertise in cultivating the defense story. An experienced litigator and first chair trial attorney, he has tried cases to verdict in state and federal Courts. Richard also serves on the national trial team and national coordinating counsel team for several clients.
- Personal Injury
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Mid-South Super Lawyer®
- "Peripheral No More: The Increasing Prominence of Equipment, Gasket, and Friction Defendants"
- "Are Equipment Manufacturers Liable for External Insulation Applied to Their Products?"
- "Mesothelioma; Latest Trends, Genetic Components, Mesothelioma Gene Theory, Idiopathic Cases, Low Dose Issues, Filings by Younger Females and Beyond."
Cumberland School of Law
(J.D., cum laude)
Spring Hill College
(B.S. in Political Science)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of Mississippi