Penny O’Connell is a member of the firm’s Pennsylvania and New Jersey toxic tort litigation team where she executes client strategies in asbestos, chemical, and other toxic tort matters.
Penny manages cases from inception to resolution, effectively engaging in motion practice, discovery, mediation, and trial preparation to ensure her clients’ interests. She also serves as Regional Counsel for personal injury matters. Prior to joining the firm, Penny worked for a prestigious litigation firm representing large clients in major environmental defense, including asbestos and benzene suits in Delaware and Pennsylvania. Following the repeal of Delaware’s statute of limitations on child sexual abuse, she represented numerous schools, parishes, and religious orders in the years-long litigation that resulted. Between 2006 and 2013, Penny took and defended well over 100 clergy and plaintiff depositions, engaged in motion practice, mediated and resolved numerous cases, and participated in taking two sex abuse cases to verdict. She also has extensive experience in banking and financial services litigation, defending large financial institutions against allegations of negligence involving fraud, forgery, and lapsed guardianship accounts. Penny is a certified Delaware Mediator and previously served as Extern for the Honorable Dolores K. Sloviter, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Philadelphia.
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of Connecticut (M.A., 1992)
- Seton Hill University (B.A., 1990)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit