Marcy B. Croft
Marcy Croft has successfully litigated mass tort cases for almost twenty years, representing more than 200 defendants nationwide, and has been recognized as one of the nation’s leading mass tort defense attorneys.
Marcy served as counsel of record for more than 40 defendants in MDL 875, and as coordinating counsel for the defense liaison committee. She led the attack on screening related fraud and obtained dismissals in almost 100,000 cases. Since 2009, she has tried to verdict a number of cases in some of the nation’s most volatile and plaintiff-friendly jurisdictions involving claims related to drilling mud additives used in the oil and gas industry. Most notably, Marcy served as lead Mississippi counsel and obtained a defense verdict on retrial, after the Mississippi Supreme Court vacated a $322 million verdict—the “Largest Single-Plaintiff Asbestos Award In U.S. History”. Marcy possesses extensive experience in creating cost-efficient defense strategies to manage mass tort litigation and implementing those strategies through a client’s national network of local counsel.
- Top 50: 2018 Mississippi Super Lawyers®
- Top 50: 2018 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Benchmark Litigation Top 250 Female Litigators in America
- Benchmark Litigation Future Star
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Portico Jackson Magazine's Portico 10
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- "Constitutional Law - United States Supreme Court Places Limits on Punitive Damages," 66 Miss. L. J. 235.
- "Runaway Jurors - Routing Out Rogue Jurors Before Trial", Litigation Management Magazine, Spring 2013.
- "Defense doubtful doctor lost asbestos X-rays in Hurricane Katrina," The Southeast Texas Record.
- "In This Asbestos Case Plaintiffs May Get Burned," Forbes Magazine.
- "Asbestos Suits Offer X-Ray Vision," LegalNewsline.com.
- "Harron, others named in Mississippi suit over asbestos scheme," The Madison-St. Clair Record.
- "Motley Rice lacks standing, GE lawyer says in asbestos MDL proceedings," The Madison-St. Clair Record.
- "Asbestos MDL Judge Invites Defendants to Turn Up the Heat," The Madison-St. Clair Record.
- "The $40 Billion Scam: How Sick Lawyers Have Turned A Genuine Health Crisis Into A Rip-Off You Won't Believe," Reader's Digest.
- The Mississippi Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D.)
- Rhodes College (B.A. in Economics and Business)