Ian C. Jones
Ian Jones concentrates his practice on mass tort, environmental, personal injury, and product liability litigation.
As part of the firm's Trust Transparency Team, Ian provides information to insurers and local counsel across the country regarding bankruptcy trust claims needed to effectively defend and value asbestos lawsuits. Before joining Maron Marvel, Ian spent time in New York to obtain his master's and doctorate degrees in theology, focusing his studies on historical theology as applied to contemporary ethics. Ian also has experience in employment, education, and commercial litigation, having helped to secure dismissals for clients in state and federal court.
- The Mississippi Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- "Trust Transparency Post-Garlock: Discovery and Deposition Strategies for Defense Council," National Forum for Environmental & Toxic Tort Issues (FETTI), Winter/Spring 2016 Case Law Update Newsletter.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Fordham University (Ph.D. in Theology)
- St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary (M.A. in Thology, summa cum laude)
- Baylor University (B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude)
- U.S. District Courts of Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit