Clare S. Rush
Clare Rush has extensive experience handling high-volume mass tort litigation.
Clare is a core member of the trial team representing a large chemical defendant in various Mississippi jurisdictions. As part of this team, she manages the defendant’s day-to-day local practice in Mississippi, including drafting and filing pleadings, deposing witnesses, conducting discovery, developing motion practice approaches and negotiating dismissals. Clare also heavily participates in extensive trial preparation and strategy, including spearheading expert witness development and examination. She has managed the dockets of numerous clients and participated in over 100 hearings and status conferences in MDL 875, served as counsel of record in numerous Seventh Circuit cases transferred to MDL 875, and litigated numerous cases in MDL 875 until final resolution and dismissal. Clare served as a national coordinating counsel jurisdictional manager on behalf of multiple mass tort defendants in high risk jurisdictions (including Madison County, Illinois). In this role, she coordinated litigation, settlement and defense strategies alongside local counsel and organized expert and discovery needs. Additionally, Clare has experience with mass tort medical device litigation, and served on the litigation team for a Fortune® 10 company.
- Drugs and Medical Devices
- The Mississippi Bar
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Top 50 under 40 Business Leaders in Mississippi: Mississippi Business Journal, 2016
- Bridge the Gap - MS Bar Rule 3: New Lawyer Program, Guidelines for Fair Play in Practice, CLE 2017.
- Bridge the Gap - MS Bar Rule 3: New Lawyer Program, Understanding Your Obligations to Your Adversaries, CLE 2015.
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Mississippi (B.A. in Journalism, magna cum laude)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit