Carson Thurman represents numerous firm clients in product liability, premises liability, personal injury, construction contract formation and project representation (all phases), construction defect litigation, and toxic tort matters.
Carson also represents local/regional oil and gas companies in litigation and before administrative agencies, and is a member of the firm’s Trust Transparency Team. Prior to joining the firm, Carson worked for an energy and environmental litigation boutique firm specializing in oil and gas litigation, environmental defense, construction litigation, commercial litigation, employment law, administrative law, and tort defense. While in law school, he was a legal intern with the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project and the Hinds County Public Defender’s office.
- Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mission First Legal Aid - Guest Seminar Instructor and Volunteer Attorney
- "The Landcape of Hydraulic-Fracturing Litigation," Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Quarterly, Vol. 39, No. 3 (Fall 2015).
- "Agri-Litigation Growing in Mississippi," Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Quarterly, Vol. 41, No. 3 (Fall 2017).
- "Off Target: Dicamba Drift Issues Ensnaring Farmers," Growing America, August 2017.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Mississippi College School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Miami University of Ohio (B.S. in Business, 2001)