Scott W. Henry
Scott Henry focuses his practice on managing large portfolios of cases being litigated nationwide and developing risk avoidance strategies with his clients.
Scott's experience includes working with a wide range of clients from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies to international insurers. He is dedicated to tailoring his expertise to each client and collaborating with them to find creative solutions to resolve complex legal issues. His clients are sued in a wide range of litigation including asbestos, environmental, toxtic tort, product liability, general liability, and premises liability. He has the unique ability to represent the client on the matter at hand while analyzing other parts of the business that may additionally be at risk. Scott has tried cases in more than half a dozen jurisdictions. He has briefed and argued successful summary judgment motions, motions to dismiss and motions to transfer in both federal and state courts.
In 2020 Scott and his family moved to Wilmington, Delaware where he manages litigation and advises clients nationwide from the firm’s headquarters.
- Construction Litigation and Counseling
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin's "40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch"
- Illinois Super Lawyer® Rising Star®
- Illinois Super Lawyer®
- Chair, Perrin Environmental Conference, Summer 2018
- Past Chair, Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Past Vice President, Chicago Legal Clinic Board of Directors
- Member, Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth Board of Directors
- Committee Lead Co-Chair, Environmental & Toxic Tort Committee, Claim and Litigation Management Alliance
- Pro Bono Attorney, National Immigrant Justice Center
- Past Member, Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Board of Directors
- Past Member, Chicago Bar Association Board of Managers
- Past Member, Chicago Bar Foundation Board
- Past Chair, Young Lawyers Section of Chicago Bar Association (former Co-Editor-In-Chief of YLS Journal)
- Past Member, Junior Board of the Mercy Home for Boys and Girls
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
(B.A. in English, 1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Illinois